The project is a new collaboration between the University of Cambridge, MIT, the University of British Columbia and Cambridge Architectural Research. This research will contribute to the knowledge base and use of engineered bamboo. A major focus of the project is to enhance sustainability of building products through the development of a lower-carbon alternative to conventional structural components. Furthermore, well-designed buildings incorporating SBP will have lower operating energy use, and thus emit lower levels of carbon throughout their life cycles. Through investigation of SBPs we will be able to develop a viable alternative to steel and concrete members, with a global outlook for sustainability.
- 2014 Bamboo Workshop, University of Cambridge
- Global Bamboo Summit in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- WUF 7. How to build using bamboo: A practical training for designers, urban planners and construction professionals
- Cultivating Bamboo in Cambridge
- Felix Böck received the First Prize Award at the Future Forestry Leaders Symposium